Frequently Asked Financial Aid Questions | Webster University

Frequently Asked Financial Aid Questions

How do I apply for aid at Webster University?

All it takes at Webster to apply for aid is the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and the Webster University Application.

What is the deadline for submitting my FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)?

The priority deadline to have your application complete for maximum consideration is February 1st of each year for the following academic year.

What if I need more aid and/or the FAFSA does not reflect my present situation?

There is a special condition form that can be completed to update us with your current situation. Click here and scroll down for the appeal process.

My parents did not claim me on their tax returns this year. Can I file my FAFSA as an Independent Student?

Dependency status is determined by the thirteen dependency questions on the FAFSA. If you do not meet any of those, but feel that you should be considered an independent student, you may click here for additional appeal information.

Why wouldn't you tell my parents what kind of aid I had received?

The Buckley Amendment prohibits us from discussing any of your specific financial matters with anyone without your written permission. Please complete the Release of Information section of the Webster University Financial Aid Application with all appropriate names.

How can I get a scholarship?

The majority of the scholarships available are either based on your admissions application, your department in which your are majoring, or from an outside source.

What hours are your office open?

The Financial Aid Office in St. Louis is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday (Central Standard Time).

Should I send in my tax forms and other paperwork before you ask for it?

You should not submit tax forms unless we specifically ask for them.

My SAR indicates that I was selected for "Verification." What does this mean?

This means Webster University must verify the information on any SAR selected for verification by the U.S. Department of Education. You should submit the verification worksheet, federal tax return transcript and any additional documentation to our office.

How long does the awarding process take?

Due to the large number of applications that we receive, it may take 1-2 weeks from the time your file is complete to the time it is awarded. If you haven't heard anything from us after that time, you should check in with us to make sure that we have everything we need.

What records will I need to apply for financial aid?

Useful documents include your tax returns from two years prior, as well as your parents' return if dependent, or your spouse's if applicable.

How do I view my financial aid information online?

You can access your information through your Connections account.  Please click here to learn more.